Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Sunny promotion

Never in my lifetime has anyone ever said:"Hey, Randi you should go into sales."
Some people are naturals. Me? Not so much.
Yup, I'm personable, funny, hilarious at times. Some people have called me smart and even charming (they have requested that I keep their anonimity, to protect them against backlash) - But a "schmoozing wheeler dealer?" Nope.

So here I am with the book PAULA TAKES A RISK ready to go - and I'm working to come up with some promotional ideas, You know, get my name out there.  Being a relative unknown - scheduling appearances and events focused on the astounding works of Randi Sherman are a little slow in the making.

So I'm thinking - How about a give away?  I'll go out to the super popular SF park, set up a table, maybe have some treats, start up some conversations and trade a book for an email address and a promise to tweet all of thier friends .

That's the plan. I can get my name out locally- during the next sunny weekend day in San Francisco.
"Great!" You're thinking, "It's never sunny in San Francisco. That's a safe and inexpensive plan."

For those of you who are familiar with Mark Twain and his supposed quote: "The coldest winter I ever spent was a summer in San Francisco," you probably don't know that we have some of the most beautiful and mild days here. 

Okay. The plan is set. I have ordered a few boxes of books. I've got some T-shirts and I'll be ready to go...as soon as this rain lets up.

If you have additional promotion ideas - drop me a line.

No comments:

Post a Comment